Tuesday 9 July 2013

Political Mother: The Choreographer's Cut - Hofesh Shechter - Sadlers Wells

I had seen Political Mother before and I enjoyed it.  When it was brought back to Sadlers Wells <http://www.sadlerswells.com> as part of the Sadler's Sampled season it seemed a good show to take some friends along to.

By and large they loved it, particularly the music.  My favourite quite being "Nine Inch Nails isn't as loud as this!"  And the music is very exciting - strings, rock guitars, drums, drums and more drums.  They weren't so wild about the piece itself with comments ranging from - what was going on, what was it about, repetitive and a bit long.  And none of the three people I was with realised that the final section was the whole thing being rewound.

My view is still - what's with the socks, Hofesh?  I will be interested to see his new work, later in the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.