Tuesday 30 April 2013

A Hawk & A Hacksaw at The Lexington Kings Cross

Let no-one say I don't try new things when the chance arises......my friend Val had a spare ticket recently for A Hawk & A Hacksaw at the Lexington in Kings Cross so I went along.

A duo, rather than a band - comprising Jeremy Barnes and Heather Trost.  Jeremy mainly plays the accordion and drum (as well as an intriguing Eastern European stringed instrument, you can tell I am no expert).  Heather plays violin - and a cracking violinist she is too. 

The music is very jolly and you want to clap along to most of it.  It has the feeling of party music for parts of Europe steeped in a folk tradition.  It does however become a tad repetitive.  I felt that I had had enough when they finished the set - playing amongst the crowd in front of the stage.

 <http://ahawkandahacksaw.net>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.